Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Verisimilitude

veri·sim·i·lar
1 : having the appearance of truth : probable
2 : depicting realism (as in art or literature)

Through framing, in-camera manipulation, contextual shift, and/or staging—introduce implications that question impulse to accept veracity of image.


In a nutshell, the objective of this project is to make the viewer question what they are really seeing in the photograph through in-camera manipulation (ie. Raw) and/or staging the objects before shooting. Basically, make the viewer go "Is this for real?!"

I had this idea to play with perspective but, due to the weather, I wasn't able to re-shoot so I had to change my idea. I started shooting randomly around my front yard and I ended up with this shot below.

This was shot in between the raining. At first glance, you think that they may be a landscape. They're rocks in a river or beach. It's not. In actuality, this shot shows raindrops on top of a car. Amazing right? =) I'm surprised that I did so much with so little.

No comments:

Post a Comment