Sunday, February 2, 2014

Drawing Practice

I'm a little rusty. It's been a while since I've drawn people. But hey, I can still do it! Haha. Here's a pen and ink sketch I did of Phoebe Tonkin.



I've never really been very confident in my drawing abilities, but I think I did a pretty good job on this one. =) And it's been at least around 3 years since I've attempted drawing (semi-)realistically like this. Haha. Hopefully I'm inspired to do more practicing.

Pen and ink is fun to do. I think it's one of my favorite mediums to use. But it sucks when you mess up.. there's no erasing! Lol. I just used a regular Uni-Ball pen. It took me about two hours to draw this. Well... I was drawing for about that long. Haha. I really should have used some of my drawing pens instead... but hey, it's just a sketch.

I really need to work on nose and mouth areas... and I don't think I'm very good at drawing males. It's weird... but I guess girls are more defined with the hair and make up and stuff.

Phoebe Tonkin is an actress from one of my favorite shows at the moment, The Originals. I first saw Phoebe in The Secret Circle. I also happened to be watching the H2O: Just Add Water series around the same time and she's in that too. She's one of those rare actors/actresses I had a special feeling about... And actually, cast of The Originals is filled with a bunch of talented actors and actresses.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment