Tuesday, October 30, 2012

PCN... A Little Different Than I'm Used To.

Looking through my drafts and realized that I don't think I ever posted these photos. They are from Kilusan Pilipino's 15th Annual Pilipino Cultural Night at University of the Pacific in April 2011.

My brother's girlfriend was the president of Kilusan Pilipino, the Filipino club on campus, that year and arranged the show. My brother, naturally, was the unofficial official photographer for the event. I somehow ended up becoming sort of an assistant..

This event was definitely different from any other kind of photography I've ever done. This was the first time that I've taken photos from a balcony, from up high. Didn't realize how much of a difference it was. Usually, I'm down in the pit when I shoot photos at a performance. So, I remember running into issues of trying to figure out what to capture and it was difficult to create different angles. Also, capturing the light in the scene is different. I was also working with my regular camera and my brother's camera, which is a Nikon (mine is a Canon).

I wish I was able to shoot at a higher ISO film speed. I think these photos were pretty good for the circumstance. Click on the images to see the album on Flickr.




No comments:

Post a Comment